[squid-users] Slightly OT, but relating to Squid: Compiling OpenLDAP

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:08:57 -0500

Hello everyone,

After reading Henrik's recommendations yesterday, I've decided to try
the LDAP route for using groups and what not with relation to access to
specific sites.

Anyways, I tried compiling the helpers that come with Squid, but have
been unsuccessful. Apparently the OpenLDAP that I have installed
doesn't have everything I need. I'm running a RedHat 7.3 system, and
apparently it was part of the initial install.

With that being said, I went ahead and downloaded the source for
OpenLDAP, with intent on building that. But then when running
configure, it gripes about BerkeleyDB being not available.

So my question then is BerkeleyDB necessary? I've downloaded that and
compiled it as well, but still getting the same result when I try and
run configure for OpenLDAP again.

Perhaps if anyone knows of a walkthrough or something as well, or can
somehow someway point me in the right direction.

And, my apologies for posting it here, but I figure someone has done
this before and can offer advise.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

PS -- Henrik, I did try rifling through the archives for the mailing
list, but didn't find much in the ways of what I was looking for. I
know you had stated that there had been stuff regarding it posted within
recent months, but everything I was digging up was back from 2000.