Re: [squid-users] Slightly OT, but relating to Squid: Compiling OpenLDAP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 18:07:00 +0100

ons 2003-02-26 klockan 16.08 skrev Scott Wrosch:

> Anyways, I tried compiling the helpers that come with Squid, but have
> been unsuccessful. Apparently the OpenLDAP that I have installed
> doesn't have everything I need. I'm running a RedHat 7.3 system, and
> apparently it was part of the initial install.

You are most likely missing the openldap-devel rpm package then..

> With that being said, I went ahead and downloaded the source for
> OpenLDAP, with intent on building that. But then when running
> configure, it gripes about BerkeleyDB being not available.

It is generally better to use the RedHat LDAP packages unless you have a
specific reason to upgrade the LDAP libraries.. The LDAP libraries are a
pretty much integral part of the Linux distribution.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden