Re: [squid-users] smb_auth help

From: Ilker Gokhan <ilker.gokhan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:25:24 +0200

René Bouchard wrote:
> Hi
>

> no I don't understand because I can see the share :
> can it be because I need a username and password for the share and I don't
> provide one with the smb_auth command ? if so, how can i configure camba to
> automaticaly logon to the domain at the boot time so I won't have to
> authenticate anymore ?

Hmm..

1- When you tried this what are you getting?
#smb_auth -W bureau.webnet.qc.ca -d
<insert user name> <insert password>
<then you will see some auth message>

I assume that your samba is configured like PDC.

2- If i undestand correctly,actually you need to have NTLM authentication.

Regards,
Ilker G.