Re: [squid-users] cache_mem

From: Ilker Gokhan <ilker.gokhan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:45:19 +0200

Mihalis Tsoukalos wrote:
> Thanks for answering.
>
> I am running web-polygraph benchmarks on the squid server.
> What I understand is that at the beginning, until the data fill up the
> cache_mem memory, there is a better performance. This lasts less than one
> minute.
>
> What I would like to know is what kind of data the cache_mem holds.
> What algorithm determines the data to be stored and the data that will leave
> the cache_mem area?

cache_mem is used for in-transit objects and hot-objects. So it is
important to get more TCP_MEM_HIT. You can set object's size that
residented objects in memory with maximum_object_size_in_memory value.

LRU (Least Recent Used) (heap or linked list based)algorithm or others
(GDSF, LFUDA)can be used as an alogrithm for cache_replacement_policy.

Regards,
Ilker G.