[squid-users] password authentication problem

From: Downing, Mark <MDowning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:54:18 -0800

I have noticed a problem that I cannot seem to fix. Using password
authentication works fine MOST of the time, but there are certain passwords
that don't seem to get passed thru squid properly. Length is not the issue,
and the the authentication program is working fine. Running the same
user/password combination thru the authentication program separately works
fine.

As best as I can tell, squid is stripping or not allowing meta characters
thru to the authentication program. It apparently worked in 2.4, but doesn't
work in 2.5. Have I found a bug, or a deliberate change?

--Mark