Re: [squid-users] Only 3 users simultaneously ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:12:09 +0100

For this some coding will be required, and some thinking to come up
with correct definitions of "user" and "simultaneously" for your
situation.

First obstacle is that HTTP is stateless with no concept of a
"session". Because of this defining "simultaneously" is a bit tricky
as once the reply of a request has been sent there is no way of
knowing if the user is still using the site or not other than
guessing if he will send more requests.

Implementing a virtual concept of "sessions" within Squid would
probably benefit many.