[squid-users] What is MAX amount of possible sessions for 1 Squid Proxy server?

From: Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) <John.Sheahan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:34:34 -0500

If I am calculating this correctly, since each squid server keeps track of
it's incoming connections from the end users on a port basis, the maximum
amount of concurrent connections for each squid server would be limited to
the amount of available TCP ports. I am calculating this as 64535-1024 =
63511 maximum total connections.
Can anyone please verify this for me? Thanks in advance.