Re: [squid-users] Squid response time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:04:42 +0100

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 02.47, Wei Keong wrote:
> Squid 1 has no cache, only converting proxy request to web
> request...

What does cachemgr say about hit rate on Squid 1?

> Is the MST is taken from the Squid access log?

Depends on where you are reading the value.. if you are reading it
from a statistics tool which processes access.log then it is. If you
are reading it via cachemgr then you are reading an internal
statistics field from Squid. The two should end up with the same
value however..

> Supposing we are downloading a file, does Squid writes into access
> log when it receives the response header or when it receives the
> whole file?

Squid access times are calculated from the time Squid has received the
request headers to where it has written the full response to the
client socket.

Another thing it can be is TCP windows. Most "server" OS:es have much
larger TCP windows than microsoft desktop OS:es...