Re: [squid-users] How to verify always_direct

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:59:18 +0100

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 03.43, Ben White wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have these lines below in my config file :
>
> cache_peer 10.x.x.x parent 8080 0 no-query default
> cache_peer_access 10.x.x.x allow LAN
> cache_peer_access 10.x.x.x deny all
> always_direct deny all
> always_direct allow LAN

The last line is a no-op as all requests will match the first
always_direct line...

What exactly is it you are trying to do here? I am a bit confused by
your configuration as your cache_peer_access and always_direct
directives is in direct conflict to each other..

Note: there is also a never_direct directive in squid.conf. If you
want to make Squid always use the parent for certain the requests
this is the directive you are looking for, not always_direct..
(always_direct is the direct opposite, with the default behaviour
somewhere inbetween).

REgards
Henrik