Re: [squid-users] How to verify always_direct

From: Ben White <mompopiah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:11:55 +0800 (CST)

Henrik,

I'm very confused with the always/never_direct usage,
hence my cache_peer is not working the way I wanted it
to be.

In feb 03 forum, you said :

always_direct allow -> Squid MUST go direct
never_direct allow -> Squid MUST NOT go direct

then, is it right for me to interpret that :

always_direct deny --> Squid MUST NOT go direct
never_direct deny --> Squid MUST NOT go direct

What I want to do in my Squid, is simply to forward
all requests from my LAN to 10.x.x.x (parent). After
checking with the FAQ, I think I shd write something
like :

cache_peer 10.x.x.x parent 8080 0 no-query default
never_direct allow LAN

I need to look at more concrete examples before I can
decide what I want and learn how to write those lines
correctly.