[squid-users] HTTP Headers

From: Craig Kelley <ckelley@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Mar 2003 12:39:34 -0700

Hello everyone;

We have squid running in a transparent mode (httpd_accel) to another
server so that we can reduce the load over an expensive link.
Everything works great, but it seems that squid is not checking the
`last modified' http headers from the source server (?) Is there a way
to have squid check the http header from the remote machine to determine
whether or not a file needs to be re-fetched, or does it simply go
`stale' in the squid cache and require re-fetching the whole file again?

We're currently using these directives:

httpd_accel_host 63.227.133.121
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host on