Re: [squid-users] HTTP Headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:32:21 +0100

If your server send Last-Modified headers then Squid will use this and
issues a If-Modified-Since request to validate the freshness of the
cached copy when refresh_pattern says the file is stale..

While refresh_pattern says that the file is fresh it is given directly
from the cache without validating the freshness with the backend
server.