Re: [squid-users] Occasional graphics not loading

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:16:29 +0100

On Sunday 09 March 2003 20.09, Rick Matthews wrote:

> My Windows 2000 dell laptop has the IE SP1 problem, but when it
> breaks, it doesn't load any graphics on the entire page.
> <right-click><show picture> doesn't work, and page refresh doesn't
> either.

Have you also tried Control+Refresh?

I think it is about time some IE users spoke to Microsoft Support
about the issues.. As I am not a Microsoft users I can't.. The IE6
SP1 release seems to be very broken

  - Images not loading
  - Authentication not working ("hotfix" available which "fixes" the
problem by breaking authentication in other ways..)
  - Still seems to have issues with certain responses marked as
uncacheable.

In the down side.. not even when I worked at a company who had a gold
support contract with Microsoft could I get any help with MSIE issues
and it's use of HTTP, some of which seems to be present still
today... but this may have been due to the sheer number of layers the
question had to go thru before reaching anywhere.. (possibly not
Microsoft fault)