Re: [squid-users] Occasional graphics not loading

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:20:49 +0100

On Sunday 09 March 2003 21.16, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Sunday 09 March 2003 20.09, Rick Matthews wrote:
> > My Windows 2000 dell laptop has the IE SP1 problem, but when it
> > breaks, it doesn't load any graphics on the entire page.
> > <right-click><show picture> doesn't work, and page refresh
> > doesn't either.
>
> Have you also tried Control+Refresh?
>
> I think it is about time some IE users spoke to Microsoft Support
> about the issues.. As I am not a Microsoft users I can't.. The IE6
> SP1 release seems to be very broken
>
> - Images not loading
> - Authentication not working ("hotfix" available which "fixes"
> the problem by breaking authentication in other ways..)
> - Still seems to have issues with certain responses marked as
> uncacheable.

Forgot another important one:

    - Vary: not implemented properly, making the browser not cache
objects with a Vary header, which has the negative sideffect that
nobody wants to start to make proper use of the Vary header for
caching of "varying" responses. mod_gzip is a prime example seeing
this problem, which is making a really bad time for caches like Squid
as mod_gzip cannot give correct information about when/how/why the
object has been gzipped.