RE: [squid-users] Occasional graphics not loading

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:19:06 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Rick Matthews wrote:

> > A number of people have noticed this (including me) after
> > installing IE6 SP1. SP1 seems to have broken a few things! It
> > happens when I'm not using Squid so I don't think the two are
> > related.
>
> Oh joy.
>
> My Windows 2000 dell laptop has the IE SP1 problem, but when it
> breaks, it doesn't load any graphics on the entire page.
> <right-click><show picture> doesn't work, and page refresh doesn't
> either. I have to close and reopen the all occurrences of the browser
> and then it works fine until at some point, it doesn't load any
> graphics on another page.
>
> This problem seems to almost always be a single graphic, and it has
> never been all of the graphics on a page. I don't need to restart
> the browser as <right-click><show picture> loads the missing graphic
> and things work fine until next time.
>
> It's the same problem?
>
> You don't happen to have the secret combination that unlocks the
> knowledge base information about this problem, do you?

It certainly sounds similar. I notice the problem for a particular graphic
as well (www.mcmaster.ca, the little arrows often don't show up until I
refresh the page), often one that's repeated on the page, usually a small
graphic but that might just be a coincidence. It's not really bad, just
annoying.

I'm sure I have no clout with Microsoft so my complaining isn't likely to
get the problem fixed.

-Mike