Re: [squid-users] can squid perform authentication without prompting users for usernames and passwds ?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 21:06:41 +1100

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 20:58, reymc@eurecom.fr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I used to have a Border Manager proxy that could perform authentication without
> explicitly asking the users to enter username and password.
>
> Is there any way of having this kind of authentication with the squid proxy. Is
> ntlm a solution for this ?

Unless you have a domain, no.

If someone where to document - legally - the Novell NLM interface
specification that notified bordermanager of user details, then another
user /developer here could implement a module to squid to use it. At the
moment, it's simply a black box that we know nothing about.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.