Re: [squid-users] can squid perform authentication without prompting users for usernames and passwds ?

From: <reymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:48:34 +0100

Thanks a lot for the answer...here come two additionnal questions and one
explanation.

but what do you mean by "having a domain" ?

I thought people were using ntlm authentication for this purpose (I mean not
being prompted for password). I guess I don't understand properly the benefits
of using such a scheme.
Could you just tell me in a few words what would be the benefits of using the
ntlm authentication scheme ?

About the way ntlm authentication was performed with border manager:
we had a program "Novell Client Trust" that communicated with the Border
Manager Proxy, supplying it with the logon information we had entered when
logging into SDS2000. Then if this information corresponds to what Border
Manager has in its text file of authorised users (which file is built by
exporting the list of Lotus Notes authorised users), then access to the
Internet is allowed.

This mail sent through Institut Eurecom Webmail : http://webmail.eurecom.fr