Re: [squid-users] log filing

From: Luka Z. Gerzic <stinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:02:10 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "dar" <djfreeman@cinci.rr.com>
To: "Squid List" <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 7:07 PM
Subject: [squid-users] log filing

> I am running squid on one machine and I want to log the files on anther
> machine can anyone tell me how I can do this.

there are 3 ways for doing that:

1. using syslog remote logging facility from /etc/syslog.conf
   (or whatever location of the conf file, man syslog.conf)

2. using syslog-ng to remote logging with special funcions,
   using various kinds of filters, or just using special feature
   of syslog-ng (newer versions) and logging to some sql database
   (i'm using mysql)

3. using a remote mount option and shareing some remote disk space
   with various daemons try freshmeat to find such tools.

second option is better for later analysis and log searching,
statistics for obvious reasons, if you like with little use of
php langugage, you can make powerfull tools for log search.

Best regards,
Luka Z. Gerzic

D r e n i k N e t w o r k s / B e l g r a d e

Luka Gerzic - System Admin. - DrenikNet, Serbia
Deligradska 19, 11000 Belgrade, SER
office phone:(+381 11) 659 641, 36 13 306
office fax: (+381 11) 3610 331
official web site : http://www.drenik.net/
personal web site : http://stinger.drenik.net/