[squid-users] winbind authentication

From: Dhaval Chokshi <dhavaljchokshi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:49:35 +0000

I have configured squid proxy server with winbind enable option. winbind
runs properly with squid and i get all the results specified in the squid
FAQ. like, pop up window asking password from browsers and entries in
access.log with the names of users.

But i cannot use any messenger services using that proxy server, evenif the
user is authorized to use it. He can even access any websites from the proxy
but not the messenger services. I have changed preference option in
yahoo/hotmail messenger to the proxy address with port number. then also,
When i tried to connect to any messenger, I failed.

Access.log entry for messenger request includes( i have shown only related
entries) :

timestamp ............... TCP_DENIED ...... -NONE-

One point i have noted:

- even though the winbind is enable and user is authorized windowNT domain
user, username entry shows NONE instead of the username. I am sure this
causes the
request to be not satisfied.
- i am getting valid username entry for all other webpage requests.

Please help me to enable messenger services with winbind enable

Thank you

Dhaval.

Cricket World Cup 2003- News, Views and Match Reports.
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnspecials/worldcup03/