RE: [squid-users] Changing cache location

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 18:57:02 +1100

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 14:21, Lightfoot.Michael wrote:
> [...]

swap.state doesn't care about cache dir names. Squid's conf is what
associates the state file with the cache dir.

> You can reduce your cache size by changing the size in squid.conf then
> waiting until squid unlinks enough files to reduce the size to what you
> want. This naturally takes some time, squid will not simply start
> deleting objects wholesale, it will gradually adjust itself to the new
> regime.

Pretty quickly actually: IIRC it'll unlink O(10) objects per IO cycle
until the space has dropped to 95% of the squid.conf maximum. (At 200 IO
cycles per second on an unloaded squid, thats 2000 objects per second).

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.