RE: [squid-users] Kernel Panic

From: Ali Resting <ali@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:53:14 +0200

I have just had our branch office calling that they are also experiencing
the same problem.
Both the units have the following PCI cards in them:

Pentavalue DVB Satellite Card:
Cyclades PC300 (X.21) Wan Adaptor:
And obviously squid2.5STABLE1 with kernel 2.4.18

We use the PC300 as a transmit only interface and the Pentaval as a receive.
Could a malformed packet received via the satellite card cause the system to
panic (sounds unlikely)?
I am out of ideas. the system at the remote site has had no alterations done
to it in terms of hardware,
and has been up for about 8 months.