Re: [squid-users] Kernel Panic

From: Amy Anderson <Amy@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 13:16:04 -0500

I had something similar happen to me. When you reboot do you see all
the memory your installed? If it does not show it all you need a kernel
that can handle HIGHMEM readings. For example...I had 512mb ram,I then
installed 2 more 512mb chips, but the server only recognized 900mb
total. I had to upgrade my kernel to kernel-enterprise to allow for
more memory. It looks like you are allowing a lot of mem with
 cache_dir /home/squid 10240 16 256
so if your kernel does not recognize it....it may panic.
Amy

--
Amy Anderson <Amy@Jazzen.be>