[squid-users] Problem accessing site

From: Jacob S. <j-schroeder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:15:59 -0600

I'm currently using an acl to only allow access to a list of sites in an
"unblock.txt" file and it's working great for most sites, but I've hit a
snag. (I know, it's kind of a cumbersome process only allowing access to
a select few sites, but that's what I'm needing it to do right now.)

When I try to access http://www.joker.com I get an access denied error
like the following:

While trying to retrieve the URL: joker.com:443

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

Port 443 is defined in the Safe_ports list in /etc/squid.conf and I have
a line in my "unblock.txt" file that contains ".joker.com" Just for
grins, I tried adding a line reading ".joker.com:443" to the file and
restarted squid, but it's still giving me the same error.

I can access other https and http sites just fine once they're added to
the unblock file, so I'm a little stumped as to why this one's acting
up. Can anyone give me any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm running squid 2.4STABLE6 on Debian Woody, using kernel 2.2.19.

TIA,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/