Re: [squid-users] CACHE_DIR_ACCESS

From: Gary Hostetler <whostet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:27:57 -0500

If you use Windows 2000 group policy and 2 boxes you can assign half of the users to one proxy box and the other half to the other. More than likely your internet connection is not as fast as your network and I believe this would give you much better speed than using one box and 2 caches. I just did this as we have 2 routers and I pipe one proxy server to one router and the overpriced 3Com webcache server to the other. The speed increase was incredible on the client's end.

Gary

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:08:01 +0100