[squid-users] squid fails starting without /etc/resolv.conf

From: Emmanuel Duros <emmanuel.duros@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 14:31:04 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to start squid when a /etc/resolv.conf file is not
available.

This happens when the PC has not dialed yet to a local ISP to obtain an
IP address as well as a nameserver. Furthermore the nameserver is not
always the same since the ISP can change...

The -D options prevents squid from trying to resolve some famous domain
names but does not prevent to check if a nameserver is set in
/etc/resolv.conf

I wish I could start squid that would use later the nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf when it is available. Is that possible ?

May be I should start a local nameserver ???

Thanks,

Emmanuel
PS: I am using squid 2.4