[squid-users] httpd_accel_port 0

From: Victor Jose Hernandez Gomez <vjhergom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:56:57 +0100

Hi all,

I have been reading the documentation (squid.conf) related to
acceleration options for the last snapshot available, and have found the
following:

httpd_accel_port 80

 If you want virtual port support then specify the port as "0".

What is this option for? I thought the accelerator behaviour was to
translate/redirect requests directed to squid (directed via DNS, for
example), select a host to pass the request to (using the Host: header,
and a private DNS or so) and apply the redirection. I guess there is a
way to direct the request to a different port for the selected host.
What should I use to get it?

Thank you in advance for your help,

--
Centro de Informática y Comunicaciones
Universidad Pablo de Olavide, de Sevilla