Re: [squid-users] httpd_accel_port 0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 17:28:44 +0100

fre 2003-03-14 klockan 13.56 skrev Victor Jose Hernandez Gomez:

> httpd_accel_port 80
>
> If you want virtual port support then specify the port as "0".
>
> What is this option for? I thought the accelerator behaviour was to
> translate/redirect requests directed to squid (directed via DNS, for
> example), select a host to pass the request to (using the Host: header,
> and a private DNS or so) and apply the redirection. I guess there is a
> way to direct the request to a different port for the selected host.
> What should I use to get it?

Lets say you are accelerating two sites...

www.example.com

and

www.example.com:8000

Then you have two http_port directives in Squid, but unless you enable
virtual httpd_accel_port support Squid will assume requests received on
both ports is requests for port 80..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden