[squid-users] Question on multiple caches and recommended ram size.

From: Gary Hostetler <whostet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:09:15 -0500

I need a clear understanding of multiple caches. Is this desirable if I had 2 different hard drives to configure squid to use both? Is this done with squid.conf and then with squid -Z ?

I'm getting ready to order ram -I'm at 256MB- and I can go to either 1 gig or 2 gigs. My cache size is set at 25 gigs but in 3 days they have only consumed about a gig. I plan on adding more users.

Finally, my hit rate is about 35%. Is that about normal?

thanks
Gary