[squid-users] Not able to find anywhere!!!

From: Velu <murugavel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:37:33 +0530 (IST)

Hi ,

Here joe mentioned there is some patch available in CVS squid

I agree with you. Can you tell me the Url where i can check CVS file
which you have mentioned in the mail. If you tell me the URL it will be
very helpful for me to check. Awaiting your reply joe.

I have linux box which is having 2 ethernet card running in bridge mode

In one card i have connected the Least line cable another one is connectd
in the clinet machine(Nt).
Squid server is Running in Linux Box

I have enabled the Iptables like below

iptables -A PREROUTING -t NAT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports
3128

I am accessing the internet thro NT box.

When we checked the IP Address of the remote server it is showing the
Linux box ip.
Is there any other way to directly display the Client machine ip to the
remote server.
for checking purpose i have used www.maria.com

it is showing the Linux box ip rather then NT box.

Is there any possiblties available in squid.

Kindly help me in this regard. Awaiting your reply

with regards
velu

> (BTW-What you're asking for cannot be done with the current Squid. It
> requires a kernel patch, and a Squid that knows how to interact with
> the patched kernel. You also really don't /want/ to do what you're
> asking.
> It will cause even more problems than it solves. But there are
> patches that have just been imported into the Squid CVS tree that do
> just what you're asking when running on a custom kernel. They are
> untested by me, but reportedly that do work. I can only provide direct
> assistance to you at my usual consulting rate.)

1 Joe Cooper1