Re: [squid-users] squid 2.5 stable 2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 11:39:45 +0100

ons 2003-03-19 klockan 10.30 skrev Raja R:

> like allow 10 MB download size to User A and say 50 MB size to User B ,
> which is possible in squid-2.5 stable 1 using IPs only. AM I right?

Both delay_access and reply_body_max_size should work with proxy_auth
ACL types in 2.5.STABLE2, provided access is also limited by proxy_auth
acls in http_access for the same request.

> Also if I want to upgrade immd. from squid -2.5 stable 1 to stable 2
> version, what is the easiest way ? Is it worth upgrading?

The same configuration as used for 2.5.STABLE1 works fine in
2.5.STABLE2. Squid-2.5.STABLE2 is only a bugfix release, with no new
configuration directives compared to 2.5.STABLE1.

Upgrading is the same procedure as installing a new version, except that
while upgrading within the same Squid-2.X version there is no need to
make any configuration changes unless one wants to take benefit of the
bugfixes in the newer versions.

> Also can I use the same cache which was built by squid 2.5 stable 1 version
> for stable2 version ?

Yes. The cache format is the same for all Squid-2.X releases (with the
exception of a few broken versions, but even then it is compatible)

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden