[squid-users] Squid as DNS-only cache

From: Udo Hoerhold <maillists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:02:32 -0500

Hi,

I'm looking for a proxy to cache just DNS requests on my local machine. Is
Squid a good choice for this, or should I look for something lighter?

Also, I didn't see this explicitly stated in the configuration manual, but for
DNS caching (on a Linux machine) should I set the nameserver in resolv.conf
to 127.0.0.1 (so apps use the local cache), and pass the addresses of my ISPs
DNS servers as the dns_nameservers parameter?

Thanks,

Udo Hoerhold