Re: [squid-users] cachemgr.cgi

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 18:46:45 +0100

ons 2003-03-19 klockan 16.54 skrev Michael Alex Mirsky:
> I compliled squid successfully and am reading the
> install file.
>
> Could you let me know where the cachemgr.cgi program
> is located? I checked where I unpacked squid and
> default squid folder and couldn't find it.

cachemgr.cgi is by default installed in <prefix>/libexec/cachemgr.cgi
(/usr/local/squid/libexec/cachemgr.cgi when using the default prefix)

> I installed Apache and the cgi-bin is created for me.
> I would like to move the file there and try the WWW
> interface.

See the Squid FAQ on installation instructions for cachemgr.cgi. It is
not wise to put cachemgr.cgi in an unprotected cgi-bin directory of a
public web server..

> Also, should I change teh squid.conf file first before
> I do this? Like in the quickstart file.

You need to make changes to squid.conf to allow you to use the Squid
proxy, but you should be able to use cachemgr.cgi without any changes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden