[squid-users] provide external access

From: mlister <mailme@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:26:08 -0500

I'm new to squid and looking to see if it would be the app which could
provide external access (outside of firewall) to an internal web server.
Basically, on the DMZ, we need a server to play "Middle-Man" with an
internal web server, providing access to outside internet users.
Would squid be feesible for this sort of task? If so, I'm curious if we
would need two squid boxes, as well, ONE on the outside, ONE on the
inside of the firewall and these TWO talk SSL between each other and then
the internal squid server forwards the html data from internal web
server to the external squid server. Thanks much for any information
relating to this concept.