Re: [squid-users] password required in squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:58:18 +0100

If you are using ncsa_auth then it expects a NCSA style htpasswd file
with passwords encoded using the crypt() algorithm.

Mose people use the htpasswd command for creating and managing such
password files. Chances are high you already have the htpasswd command
installed, if not it can be found in the Apache distribution or from the
www.squid-cache.org web site.