Re: [squid-users] reference_age parameter

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:38:02 +0100

Then you currently have to tune down your cache size so no more than 10
days of traffic fits in the cache, but you will get very close by having
refresh patterns where the max age is no more than 10 days. With the
refresh pattern setting, only objects explicitly set to expire in more
than 10 days will get cached longer.

To be precise Squid will still cache objects longer, but it will verify
with the origin server if the object has changed before giving it to the
client.