[squid-users] your cache is Running out of filedescriptors

From: Jeff Donovan <jdonovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:08:32 -0500

greetings
Can someone give me an explanation on this error. I understand
(limited) that is has something to do with the OS reaching some limit.

Currently I am running
Squid 2.5 Stable1
cache mem = 256mb
cache size = 16gb

SquidGuard 1.2.0
BekeleyDB 2.7.7
OSX 10.2.4 server
dual 1ghz PowerPC G4
Memory 2 GB

just before the file descriptor error i receive these notices ;

  parsehttpRequest ; requestheader contains NULL characters
ClientReadRequest : FD {somenumber} Invalid request
WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

Any insight?

--jeff