Re: [squid-users] your cache is Running out of filedescriptors

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:19:31 +0100

Jeff Donovan wrote:

> greetings
> Can someone give me an explanation on this error. I understand
> (limited) that is has something to do with the OS reaching some limit.
>
> Currently I am running
> Squid 2.5 Stable1
> cache mem = 256mb
> cache size = 16gb
>
> SquidGuard 1.2.0
> BekeleyDB 2.7.7
> OSX 10.2.4 server
> dual 1ghz PowerPC G4
> Memory 2 GB
>
> just before the file descriptor error i receive these notices ;
>
> parsehttpRequest ; requestheader contains NULL characters
> ClientReadRequest : FD {somenumber} Invalid request
> WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

 Unless someone would launch some kind of denial of service
 attack against your squid. The 2 lines are normally unrelated
 to the out of file desc. problem.
 Check access.log to see which kind of requests are being processed
 by squid during the time of these error(s).

 However you may need to increase the available no of file descriptors.
 I do not know how to do this on OSX however.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM