RE: [squid-users] Timeouts details and Retry problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 17:50:49 +0100

tis 2003-03-25 klockan 10.58 skrev Fabrice DELHOSTE:
> First of all, thanks for your help.
>
> So, here is the behavior that our tests show:
> 1) when connect_timeout < read_timeout
> => No retries. Response time = read_timeout
>
> 2) when connect_timeout > read_timeout
> => Always 1 Retry = 2 requests to the content server. Response time = connect_timeout + read_timeout

This depends on the reason why Squid retried the request. The above is
consistent with request being retried because the server is too slow to
respond to the request only, not for cases there the server refuses the
request or fails to process the request.

Squid will only retry the request if within connect_timeout from the
start of the request.

> Do you plan to add a retry property to the configuration?

I have no need of such property, but a patch is most likely accepted.

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden