RE: [squid-users] HTML Codes?

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:57:46 +1100

> I understand why the error was generated. The DNS entry for this site
> no longer exists, as stated. But it appears that the HTML error code
> generated by the proxy server could be incorrect. It is recorded by my
> link-checking software as error 503.

And in the squid access.log

> According to my list of HTML error codes, 503 means 'Out of Resources
> - The server cannot process the request due to a system overload. This
> should be a temporary condition.'

It isn't an HTML error code, it is an HTTP status code. For all the
status codees see RFC 2616 chapter 10. For the definition of 503 see
10.5.4 "503 Service Unavailable" (page 45 of my copy). The status codes
are also reproduced in chapter 6 of the squid FAQ - specifically 6.8
HTTP Status Codes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.