Re: [squid-users] Cache-parent with several IPs and round-robin problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:51:00 +0200

Correct.

It is assumed you have one cache_peer per cache peer, and that each peer
only have one official IP address.

Having cache_peer pointing to DNS records with multiple IP addresses is
not recommended unless all these IP addresses in fact point to the exact
same cache server. Doing so will cause problems for
  * ICP
  * Dead peer detection
  * Revieved peer detection

If you want Squid to round-robin over multiple parents, then define
multiple cache_peer lines with the round-robin option.