Re: [squid-users] Cache-parent with several IPs and round-robin problem

From: Pauli Borodulin <boro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:03:02 +0300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> It is assumed you have one cache_peer per cache peer, and that each peer
> only have one official IP address.

> [...]

> If you want Squid to round-robin over multiple parents, then define
> multiple cache_peer lines with the round-robin option.

Okay, I did this. :-) But good to know.

I guess it would be possible for Squid to check parent's host from DNS,
and _if_ it has more than one IP-address, separate these IPs to several
parents internally. Squid does resolve all IPs for the peer from DNS
already so enhancing it a bit wouldn't be big deal(?).

This is, of course, not necessary, but would be nice enhancement in future.

Thanks Henrik,

--
Pauli Borodulin
boro@fixel.org