RE: [squid-users] Can't download settings from proxy? Notnecessarily a Squid issue, but maybe someone can help.

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:54:39 -0500

Hi Rob,

On the contrary, you were being clear. It was the end of the day on a
Friday, I wasn't thinking clearly. =)

Anyways, okay, so we know one workaround for that is to put in the
proper registry key (which I can't seem to get to cooperate).

Are there any other ways that you can think of that would force it to
not use the cached result? I'm not very familiar with the registry, and
would much rather avoid putting anything in it altogether.

I can't believe that Microsoft would be so boneheaded to not realize
that maybe a company would eventually want to implement a proxy server
and have it be auto-detected.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks,
Scott