Re: [squid-users] problems to get access into microsoft 2000 web server running IIS v.5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 18:58:12 +0200

Quite likely NTLM (or Microsoft Integraded Login as they also call it)
authentication is used for these directories.. NTLM cannot be proxied.

To have IIS work correctly in combination with proxies support for any
of the standard HTTP compliant authentication methods needs to be
enabled such as Digest or Basic (plain text in Microsoft way of
describing things)

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden