[squid-users] Re: Squid proxy question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 19:43:01 +0200

Basic HTTP authentication uses base64 encoded plain text. See RFC2617
for a full description of the Basic HTTP authentication scheme.

For increased security on the wire you can consider using digest
authentication (Squid-2.5 required). However, this cannot integrate with
any existing password databases, and requires a separate password file
to be kept on the proxy.

In future, please use the squid-users mailinglist for Squid usage and
configuration questions.