Re: [squid-users] NTLM questions (sorry)

From: Gavin Hamill <gavin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:17:40 +0100

> > external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/wb_group
> > acl domainadmins external NT_global_group "Domain Admins"

> Hi Gavin,

> Brian O'Neill submitted a patch in November to allow you to use `Domain
> Admins`, because you can't do it with spaces (as you've discovered).
> It's down to the passing around between squid.conf and the ACL helper.
>
> I don't know if it made it in, but you could give it a go.

Thanks for the suggestion, Greg :)

Alas it didn't solve the problem, but it did get me thinking in a different
direction. I attached a 'strace' to one of the wb_group processes before
implementing your suggestion:

# using "Domain Admins" in the squid.conf
wintermute:~# strace -p 17953
read(0, "bytel\\\\floss\n", 4096) = 29

# using `Domain Admins` in the squid.conf
wintermute:~# strace -p 18019
read(0, "bytel\\\\floss `Domain Admins`\n", 4096) = 29

So I tried this and many others at the commandline...

wintermute:~# /usr/lib/squid/wb_group
BYTEL\\floss `Domain Admins`
ERR
BYTEL\\floss "Domain Admins"
OK
BYTEL\\floss Domain Admins
ERR
BYTEL\\floss 'Domain Admins'
ERR

Very interesting... so, the key appears to be double-quotes, whereas the
little patch in squid can only output backticks...

This sounds like either a source-hacking job, or a little shim bash script
with 'tr' to translate the backtick into a double-quote to pass on to the
real wb_group

Many thanks for the clue ;)

gdh