[squid-users] Any news on :acl identname2 ident username case-insensitive

From: wilco heinneman <wilco.heinneman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:04:51 +0200

Hi Guys,

I am using Ident3d (30/6/2000) on some windows machines and Squid 2.4
stable7 on a linux server.
Depending on the way a user types his username, this corresponding
string will be given to squid.

How can I make this lookup case insentive?

I thought off:
acl identname2 ident -i wilcoh wilcoz
But the option -i only works with regular expressions.

Regular expressions could work for me:
acl identname3 ident_regex -i /^wilco$/

The above regular expression is not friendly if you are used to word lists.

I did look in the mailarchives, found many questions, but not really the
solution I have been looking for.

Wilco

> Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 15:36:09 MDT
>
> Re: transform capital letters in usernames?
>
> Yes, there is a need for case-insensitive proxy_auth/ident ACL lists.
> Hoever, I do not think this is the appropriate method for doing so.
>
> It is more appropriate if the ACL is changed to have a somewhat larger
> definition than simply a wordlist. For example there is need for a flag
> telling that the ACL is case-insensitive, just as there is for the
> regexp based ACL lists. In fact it should probably be changed to use a
> splay list at the same time.
>
> Anyone willing at taking a stab at this are welcome, and it will get
> committed. The code below can be used as a baindaid if no-one have the
> time to do a proper implementation before 2.4 release.
>
> /Henrik

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards
Wilco Heinneman
Zoranet internet diensten b.v.
Hanzelaan 288a
8017 JJ  Zwolle
Tel: +31 (0) 38 4559560
Fax: +31 (0) 38 4551402
Dit emailbericht is gecontroleerd op
virussen door www.tipi-opensystems.com.
This email hase been checked for viruses
by www.tipi-opensystems.com