[squid-users] Squid_ldap_group

From: Craig Home <craig_home@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:01:55 +0000

Hi,

I have been trying to use squid_ldap_match with Active directory with not
much success, I have built everything but just can't see to get the
parameters correct.

I am also unsure whether I just have to use the match, or also do an
ldap_auth on the user beforehand - if you can clarify whether this is
required - thanks.

Ok, some background details:

Our LDAP AD server is on 193.116.22.122 and responds to ldap anonymous
searches on the usual ldap port 589

I am trying to match up a group which is situated in:

cn=INTERNETUSERS,cn=Users

The Base dn = dc=top,dc=sy,dc=turvy

Ok,

So I am trying to match the group with squid_ldap_match with Squid 2.5
stable2 compiled from source with openldap on Redhat 7.3 (fully patched)

(Standalone)

squid_ldap_match -b "dc=top,dc=sy,dc=turvy" -f "(%(cn=%u)(cn=%g))" -h
193.116.22.122 -p 389

in the squid.conf file

external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /path/to/squid_ldap_match
-b "dc=top,dc=sy,dc=turvy" -f "(%(cn=%u)(cn=%g))" -h 193.116.22.122 -p 389

acl firstrule external ldap_group INTERNETUSERS

I am particular interested in any debug options you can specify to further
debug whether I have the filter options correctly. How would I test these
filters out in relation to active directory as I don't know whether the %u
or %g are returning the correct values?

Can I capture what is sent to STDIN so I can look at the returned results?

Any help appreciated as there is not much documentation in using this with
Active directory

Many thanks

Craig

Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile