[squid-users] A Few Questions

From: Joe Giles <jgiles@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Apr 2003 11:36:32 -0700

List,

I am new to Squid and we are thinking about using Squid in our
enterprise. We are evaluating Microsoft IAS server and we are going to
start to evaluate Squid. I have a question that will help us determine
weather or not Squid will work for us.

I noticed that you can create ACL's based on IP/Subnet for access to
different websites. Is there a way to use Winbind and PAM auth to allow
specific users with an NT domain access to Squid and/or selected web
sites?

Also, if anyone else has used IAS and would recommend Squid as a
replacement, and comments are appreciated!!

Thanks

Joe Giles