[squid-users] Something is missing when using squid

From: Jason Oakley <waulok@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:27:40 +1000

When I have squid enabled at home, if I go to some sites, Internet Explorer
asks what program I would like to use to open the website.

Eg. This morning I went to www.mailwasher.net and instead of opening the
index page, it asked me where I would like to save mailwasher.
Other times, I will got to a page with a php file. Eg tutorial.php and
Internet Explorer does not see this as a webpage, but asks me where I would
like to save tutorial.php or if I would like to choose a program on my
computer to open it with.

If I turn off the squid proxy and go directly to the pages, they work fine.

Is this something in squid or perhaps something in ad-zapper which is
causing problems?

TIA.

  http://www.bangrocks.com http://www.auspug.org http://www.geocaching.com |
I think you should wash your beard,then shave it off,nail it to a frisbee |
and fling it over a rainbow.. ------------[ Geocaching Team: Red Dwarf ]--