[squid-users] post to child looks different on parent.

From: <richard.fuser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:02:44 +1000

This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

Hi,

We are having some issues with a intranet site search function.

Squid 2.4 STABLE7 is the version we have in production.

I also tried this on a 2.5 STABLE2 machine which is configured to point to
the 2.4STABLE7 parents.

This site works when no proxy server is specified but when squid handles
the request for some reason it stops after fetching a search.dll file, (see
logs below)

This line is from the child 2.5stable2

1049335259.907 301 10.0.0.23 TCP_MISS/200 245 POST
http://home.intranet.domain.com/search/search.dll userid
TIMEOUT_FIRST_PARENT_MISS/parent.domain.com text/html

This turns up on parent

1049335259.623 0 10.0.2.43 UDP_MISS/000 70 ICP_QUERY
http://home.intranet.domain.com/search/search.dll - NONE/-
-
1049335259.905 278 10.0.2.43 TCP_MISS/200 203 POST
http://home.intranet.domain.com/search/search.dll userid
DIRECT/192.168.0.22 text/html

After this the search function sits and no error has ever been returned.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Regards,
Richard Fuser
Firewall Administrator

--------------------
NOTICE - This communication contains information which is confidential and
the copyright of Ernst & Young or a third party.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete
and destroy all copies and telephone Ernst & Young on 1800 655 717
immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication you
should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without the
authority of Ernst & Young.

Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Ernst & Young.

Except as required at law, Ernst & Young does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.

Liability limited by the Accountants Scheme, approved under the
Professional Standards Act 1994 (NSW)